Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Friday, December 2, 2011

In the Between

"Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age."
My sweet youngest posted this to my facebook wall.  She has an interesting sense of humor, huh?  LOL!  She makes me laugh and I love that about her.
According to this statement, I am in between; 
I am both old and young; 
I am middle aged.
There are days when I can't begin to believe I am as old as I am; sometimes I don't even act half my age.  Then there are days when I feel much older and my bones and joints creak with aging.
I don't know how I feel about being middle aged.  I never in my life thought I'd get this old.  I remember being as young as my daughter (wasn't that yesterday) and thinking almost 50 is OLD;  she is quick to remind that I really am old.
But I don't think I'm old.  I look at my mom who is in her 70's and she looks the same as she did to me when I was much younger. 

She has the most beautiful skin.  Seriously, my mommy does not look her age.  I hope I age as well as she has.

So, I am in between.

I am middle age.

I think I am okay with that.

Have a blessed weekend!

and know that you are loved by me and our wonderful Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment