Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, October 10, 2011

What Did I Decide?

So, last week I told you I had made a decision.  I thought I would share that decision with you today.

I quit my job.

And I have no other job to go to.

Crazy?  Irresponsible?

Maybe to some people, but not to me.

God has been growing me tremendously this year and part of what He has taught me is that I cannot compromise my own morals and values.

I don't mean to imply that financial planning services are not in line with God's desire for His people.  I believe these kinds of services are actually very beneficial.  However, my working for a man whose values and beliefs are not in line with mine are very detrimental to my own.

The amount of peace I have about this is incredible to me.  I am normally a worry-wart; wondering how I'm going to pay this bill and that.

I'm not worried this time.

Incredible!

I know that I will go back to work.  What it will be, I don't know.  But I am trusting God to put me in just the right place and in the meantime provide for my family's needs.

What an incredible adventure I am embarking on.

Keep me in your prayers; especially so I don't panic and take the reigns back from Him!

Have a blessed week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment