Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Be transformed

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12.2
I've been working on a post for the last week and I keep running into road blocks.  My thoughts are not coming out in understandable, written words.  I think it's a case of my heart getting something, but there just isn't any way to explain it.   It could be because I have more to learn on the subject and God wants me to be quiet until I get it fully.  He has a way of doing that to me, quieting me until my words are actually His words.  
So quiet I will be.
Moving on to something else.....
The verse above was my daily verse from my wonderful little smartphone app.  Love that little app!   It's called "Daily Bible" by JoanSoft...find it in your marketplace.  Okay, back to our regular programming....
I've read this verse many times, but this particular day something about it stood out to me.  It is the testing part.  
And it is leaving me a bit perplexed.  Are we talking about the testing that is done to us or is it talking about the testing that we are supposed to do?  (See 1John 4.1)
It seems to be pretty important, because this testing allows us to discern the will of God...what is good and acceptable and perfect.
So, I'm off for a few days to study this.  I want to do some praying about my other post too (should I give you a teaser?  Yes?  It's all about love!)
We are heading to our camper for the last weekend of the season.  Time to close it down for the winter.  
Can you see my sad face here?  
Until next week....
May the Lord bless you abundantly and may you feel His loving arms wrap you in comfort and strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment