Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fresh Starts

A new year has begun.  With it, many have decided to make resolutions for change; I am no different.

Did you notice the change in my blog?  Resolution #1 accomplished!

Now on to the others:

~  Be kinder to my body.

~  Fill my mind with creative and lovely thoughts.

~  Get out and live life...even if I have to do it alone.

Notice that there isn't anything specific, like "stop eating cake" (who wants to do that?).  I've decided that my resolutions this year are not going to be about any one specific thing, but more about a way to live.

So I have started.  This morning I opened my "One Year Wisdom for Women" devotional by Debbi Bryson and began my one year reading plan, which Debbi so thoughtfully put at the bottom of each of her devotionals...thank you! 

There was a quote in todays devotion by WC Fields as follows: 

"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live fish to go against the flow."

No more floating downstream for this girl, I want to live!

So here's to day one of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment