Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hello, my friend, hello....

....ahem....

....stretching fingers....

....cracking fingers....(not on purpose, they just do that wonderful cracking sound now)

Hi.

How are you?

Well, I hope.

I have been gone so long from this blog, I don't really know what to do with it now.  But I felt like writing. So here I am.

A lot has happened since I've been gone and I wouldn't even being to know where to start telling you all about what has gone on.

So I think I won't.

I think I will just talk about what is happening now.

What is happening right now is that my baby is no longer my baby.  She is almost a complete grown up, almost ready to fly the nest.

I am surprised at how much this bothers me.

She just got her driver's license.  She is old enough to drive without any supervision; she has gained a huge piece of independence.  (how appropriate, just before Independence Day.)  Another big step in not needing her mother.

::sigh::

It bothers me.

I think I have raised my children to be too independent.  They don't seem to need me.

This bothers me.

But why?

Isn't this what I wanted; children who can stand in the world, on their own, making good, sound and intelligent decisions?  Yep, that is what I wanted. 

So why the heck does it bother me that they can do that?

::another sigh::

I know why.

As any mother will understand; we like to be needed.  We NEED to be needed.  We long to nurture and care for.  Even on those days when we don't do it so well.

I'm very proud of my children.

I hope they won't forget that I am right behind them, fully supporting them, always here to help, and cheering them on.

Thanks for listening.

Have a marvelous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment