Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Dreams

When I was younger, I had many dreams for my future.  I wanted to be a hairdresser; I wanted to work in a museum; and I wanted to live in a little studio loft where I could paint and create.

Because of choices I made, my life went in a different direction.

I don't regret any of it.

Each part of my life has made me the person I am today.  My passions and compassion for others in certain situations are an extension of my life experiences.

Would I prefer to have not made some of the mistakes I made?  Absolutely!  But God has used those mistakes....and continues to use them....in directing me now.

So, have my dreams changed over the years?

Yes.

I am no longer interested in being a hairdresser; although I admit a few years back I gave it some thought.  However, standing on my feet for eight hours seems daunting to me now.  But I still like to play with hair.

I also don't think a loft would be big enough for me now.  I have accumulated too many things.  However, I thing about those big warehouses that have been converted into open space apartments and I think that would be a wonderful canvas to create a heavenly retreat.

I do still want to paint.  I do still dream of sitting in front of an easel and painting beautiful flowers...my "specialty."  I'd like to batik again. I just don't have the time, space or privacy to do that right now.  My creative juices flow only when my immediate surroundings are devoid of distractions.

I'm also creeping up on 50 and that has me thinking of retirement and how I want to spend that time.  I want to be able to spend time near the water which has always been a very calming place for me to be.

I want to make it to Wisconsin to visit my beloved auntie.  She is getting up there in age and I want to wrap my arms around her one more time.  Money is always tight and I just can't seem to get there.

I dream about spending time with my grandchildren.  I have one beautiful granddaughter already and can't wait for more!  Actually, (in case any of my children read this blog) I can wait until you have completed your educations and have gotten married!

So, yes, my dreams have changed a bit.  They have grown and changed as I have grown and changed.

And that's okay.

In fact, it's good.

What are your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment